New website on land protection in the Republic of Serbia has been launched
The idea of launching this website on land degradation land conservation in the Republic of Serbia was to provide comprehensive information on:
- United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- Reporting and coordination of activities to meet the obligations of the Republic of Serbia arising from membership in the UNCCD
- Regulatory framework on land use in the Republic of Serbia
- Relevant institutions at national and regional level dealing with land issues, as well as scientific and research institutions
- Facts about land degradation
- Projects and activities undertaken and implemented in order to preserve and use the land in sustainable manner
Apart from informing the public on land management issues, this portal is desgned and deveoped as a meeting point for scientific and professional public, in order to exchange experiences and knowledge on solutions for remediation, rehabilitation and regeneration of degraded areas in the Republic of Serbia.
The website on land issues in the Republic of Serbia has been prepared in the framework of the UNEP/GEF project “Enhanced Cross-Sectoral Land Management through Land Use Pressure Reduction and Planning” in close cooperation between UN Environment, Ministry of Environmental Protection of the Republic of Serbia, Serbian Environmental Protection Agency and regional NGO network Forestry and Environment Action – fea.